Chrome Cube Lab - have a new Rubik's Magic Cube experience!




Chrome Cube Lab is a new experience about the Magic Cube you can try online.

“The Cube was born in 1974 as a teaching tool to help me and my students better understand space and 3D. The Cube challenged us to find order in chaos. Since then, technology has made fantastic progress in bringing new possibilities to how we learn and how we tackle bewildering complexity.

Chrome Cube Lab takes full advantage of that progress by encouraging curiosity and problem-solving skills—the very reason the Cube was created in the first place. I can’t wait to see people learn about three-dimensional objects through their browsers and to test the limits of what is possible when the Cube gets re-jigged using cutting edge web technologies. Cube on!”

-Professor Ernő Rubik

In the month of May, it's the 40th birthday of the Rubik’s Cube, which was created by Hungarian sculptor and architecture professor Erno Rubik in the spring of 1974. I wanted one badly but my parents refused to buy me one at the time. Then a friend got one. As soon as I got the cube in my hands I did not find it very amusing. Unlike Mr. Rubik who spent weeks trying to solve his own invention after a few minutes, I was already bored with “the Magic Cube"!! Puzzles were not my thing and still aren't! Meet Erno Rubik! 

Rubik's Cube is reportedly the bestselling puzzle toy ever. Roughly one out of eight people on the planet, by some estimates, have tried their hand at solving the cube. The puzzle fell out of fashion in the late 1980s but made a comeback in the early '90s and it's still selling well today!

 





Comments