Monday, March 27, 2017
Greeting card design market evolution and trends
More recent data available here and here and in this last site I found these words:
-" Younger card buyers and those who are more technology savvy are currently the ones most engaged in buying paper greeting cards online.
- Most people now acknowledge many more birthdays than ever before because of Facebook, but they aren’t necessarily sending fewer cards as a result.
- The tradition of giving greeting cards as a meaningful expression of personal affection for another person is still being deeply ingrained in today’s youth, and this tradition will likely continue as they become adults and become responsible for managing their own important relationships."
As for 2016-2017 trends I found this site that says hologram foil and all things iridescent, botanical vibes, and Nº 10 format! I also found this article inspiring:
- "The distinctively bright colour combinations and dynamic patterns so redolent of 70s décor get a fresh update on a range of modern products;
- Bold geometrics, metallics and an aura of luminous luxe characterize this ultra-glam trend. Think high-shine, high design, max desirability;
- This direction sees eye-popping colour, modern materials and strong, graphical influences across a vibrant selection of products for a very hot new season. Also look out for neon brights across stationery, cards, home and fashion accessories;
-Here the aesthetic is fluid; the palette soft, warm and natural. This direction sees smooth, organic influences bringing calm sensuality across all lifestyle sectors;
-Pattern, material and texture reference a tribal, natural vibe in this tactile direction. Away from pure neutrals, colour is vivid."